Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. A weekly look at what I have harvested and how much that would have cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report.
This week we have harvested the following
- 14 chicken eggs which would have cost us £3.50 from a shop
- 1kg tomatoes which would have cost us £2 from a shop.
- 250g cape gooseberries which would have cost us 25p from a shop.
- 1 large pumpkin 15.3kg which would have cost us £5 from a shop.
- 3 small pumpkins weighing 1kg each these would have cost £6 from a shop.
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves as required. We allow £1 for this.
This weeks total.
That brings this weeks total to £17.75 from a shop. Over all I am pleased with that total.
Making their first appearance on the report this week is the cape gooseberries or physalis. I have been growing this plant this year and its grown pretty large. The fruits however taste really sweet and are well worth growing.
Pumpkins also have made a reappearance. Now pumpkins are in season its been possible to find a more true price for these as demonstrated here.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments or Email me here.