Join me in this podcast where I discuss how I over winter broad beans. I also share the latest on the allotment and vegetable patch.
In this weeks diary section I have tackled the following tasks
- Sowed broad beans and peas. With a new experiment on peas
- Tidying scruffy corner
- My grandfathers greenhouse
And much more.
How I over winter broad beans.
In this weeks subject I discuss how I over winter broad beans. Broad beans are probably one of the easiest vegetables to grow. I also find that by growing over winter I not only get an earlier crop I also avoid blackfly.
Quiet simply I sow seeds 2 inches deep in root trainers of multipurpose compost. once the plants are 2 inches high I start hardening them off before planting out in the bed. Once established its simple care until harvesting time around May.
If you would like more reading check out the following links
- Broad bean mint and feta salad.
- An article on how to over winter broad beans from love to learn allotmenteering.
- An rhs article on broad beans.
Should you want to buy some broad bean seeds I Recommend the following
- Aquadulce claudia broad bean seeds from thompson and morgan
- De monica broad beans from sutton seeds
- Superaquadulce seeds. These are what i am growing this year.
How do you grow broad beans? Let me know in the comments or Email me here.