Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what has been harvested and how much that would cost if bought from a shop.
Weekly harvest report.
This week we have harvested the following
- 2 chicken eggs which would have cost us 50p from a shop
- 28 quail eggs which would have cost us £5.88 from a shop
- 1kg tomatoes which would have cost us £2.00 from a shop
- 1kg onions which would have cost us 75p from a shop
- 5 courgettes which weighed together at 2kg which would have cost us £4 from a shop
- 100g French beans which would have cost us 50p from a shop
- 10 cobs of sweetcorn which would have cost us £5 from a shop
This week’s total.
That brings this week’s total to £18.63. Again a pretty good result for this week and 1 that will keep us well fed for another week.
Grills my white chicken has laid a couple of eggs this week. Thankfully just in time as we was down to our last egg.
The quails are now also all laying and this is providing us with plenty of quail eggs.
Sweetcorn is also new on this list as it has just came into season here. Hopefully we will have more to follow in the future weeks too.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments or Email me here.