Each week I like to share a weekly harvest report. Sharing what I have harvested from my allotment or vegetable patch and seeing how much that would cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report
This week we have harvested
- 10 chicken eggs which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop.
- 10 quail eggs which would have cost us £2.10 from a shop.
- 1kg of rhubarb which would have cost us £3.75
- 250g of asparagus which would have cost us £2.00 from a shop.
- 200g of purple sprouting broccoli which would have cost us £1.80 from a shop.
- 100g of leafy greens and herbs as and when needed which would have cost is £1.00 from a shop.
Summary and total
In total, this week's harvest value came to £13.15. Lower than expected but I am pretty happy nonetheless.
You will notice both the chicken and quail egg production has dropped. I am not quite sure why the quail eggs have dropped but I will be watching them closely. The chicken eggs have dropped as 1 of my chickens does not seem herself lately. I am monitoring her closely and will discuss whats going on with her tomorrow.
I also could have harvested more rhubarb but didn't as I didn't have time to do anything with it over this last week.
What have you harvested this last week? let me know in the comments or Email me here.