Last week on The Vobes Show, I cooked up this Tomato and Coconut Curry. It was delicious, so I could not resist making it again and sharing the recipe with everyone.
Tomato and Coconut Curry.
I discovered this recipe in an Aldi magazine but unfortunately I can't find it online. However I have adapted it to use my homegrown vegetables.
I first cooked this for myself and Richard to eat on The Vobes Show. That video can be found here. I been saving this recipe for when my tomatoes were ripe and after seeing the amount of tomatoes I had I knew it was time. A quick phone call and we arranged a live show.
I love a curry and really enjoyed this recipe. This meant a few days later I had to cook it again at home for the wife and I to enjoy. Check it out below and give it a try.
- A splash of olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped. (Grown on my allotment)
- A thumb sized piece of ginger peeled and chopped. ( Not grown myself....Yet.)
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped. (Also grown on my allotment)
- 1 chilli chopped. (I used a scotch bonnet from my greenhouse which is fairly hot. However use any chilli that you would like)
- 1 tin of coconut milk.
- 1 vegetable stock cube.
- 1kg of tomatoes.
- A tablespoon curry powder.
- Gently sweat the onion in the olive oil for about a minute.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and gently fry for a couple of minutes just to soften
- Add the coconut milk and stock cube. Stir around then add the tomatoes and curry powder.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Leave for about 40 minutes stirring regularly..
- Serve with some rice.
Give it a try, let me know what you think in the comments or Email me here.