This weeks recipe is delicious and originally from bbc good food and can be found here.
This recipe I discovered searching for ideas using leeks from the allotment and sausages from the freezer, however it would be great to use left over food.
1 tbsp olive oil
6 plump sausages
6 cooked potatoes, sliced (I used fresh and cooked them before hand)
350g cooked, sliced leeks (or broccoli or cabbage) ( I used leeks from the allotment and a courgette)
1 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce, more if you want to heat things up
100g mature chedder or Gruyère, grated
I also added a chopped onion and crushed clove of garlic.
- Cook the vegetables if not already cooked.
- I fried the sausages whole for about 10 minutes in the oil. I then removed the sausages.
- I added the potatoes to the pan with the oil and sausage juice and cooked for 2 minutes. I then added the onion and garlic and sauted until the onions where soft.
- I added the leeks and vegetables and cooked for 2 minutes.
- I sliced the sausages and added them to the pan along with the horseradish sauce, then give it a really good stir.
- I cooked for about 10 minutes then added the cheese and cooked until melted.
I thoroughly enjoyed this meal the only comment made by my wife was she would of preferred the cheese to be grilled.
I also see this as a good way to get kids to eat vegetables after all, all kids like sausages.
So what do you think give it a try and let me know.