A few weeks ago I made this quiche and thoroughly enjoyed it. It helped that all the ingredients where fresh and all grown by myself.
-300g short crust pastry
-4 asparagus stems
-a handful of chard
-salt and pepper to taste.
1. I rolled out the pastry and laid it in a pan dish. Trimmed the excess pastry (allowing for the pastry to shrink while cooking). I then blind baked the pastry for 20 minutes at gas mark 4.
2. while the pastry was baking I sliced the leeks, chopped the asparagus into 1 cm lengths and slowly fried them in olive oil over a very low heat on the hob until soft. I then added the chard and fried for 2 more minutes until just starting to wilt.
3. Once the pastry was ready I spread the vegetable mixture evenly over the pastry base.
4. I cracked all the eggs into a bowl and whisked together adding a little seasoning as required. I then poured this mixture over the vegetables and returned the whole lot to the oven for another 30 minutes.
5. once cooked I removed from the oven with the intention to trim the edges. However if you look at the photo you will notice that I ended up leaving as was.
I really enjoyed this meal and will be making this again in the future.