Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what I have harvested over the last week and detailing how much that would have cost from a shop.
This weeks harvest
This weeks harvest is as follows
- 14 chicken eggs which would have cost us £3.50 from a shop
- 250g cape gooseberries which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop
- 100g chard which would have cost us 75p from a shop
- 1kg potatoes which would have cost us £1 from a shop
- 1kg Jerusalem artichokes which would have cost us £3.50 from a shop
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves as required. We allow £1 for these.
This weeks total
That brings this weeks total to £12.25. Actually I am very pleased with this given the time of the year. The combination of fresh food and stored food is making some lovely meals particularly soup, which is going down very well in my household.
What have you harvested this week? let me know in the comments or Email me here.