Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Detailing what I have harvested over the last week and how much that would cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report
This week we have harvested the following
- 14 chicken eggs which would have cost us £3.50 from a shop.
- 250g cape gooseberries which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop.
- 2 cauliflowers which would have cost us £2.00 from a shop.
- 0.5g saffron which would have cost £2.50 from a shop.
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves as required. We allow £1 for these.
This weeks total
That bring this week’s total to £11.50. A slight improvement on last week but I feel this is due to the saffron which I have been harvesting for a while now. Saffron is so light that I collected all of this years saffron before weighing it. It’s certainly a valuable crop.
We have also harvested a couple of cauliflowers. Which is an absolute delight to have added to this weeks meal. Homegrown cauliflower has such a superior taste over shop bought.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments or Email me here.