Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what I have harvested over the last week and how much that would have cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report.
This week we have harvested the following
- 20 chicken eggs which would have cost £5 from a shop.
- 7 quail eggs which would have cost us £1.47 from a shop.
- 1kg of rhubarb which would have cost us £6.88 from a shop.
- 200g asparagus which would have cost us £1.44 from a shop.
- 250g chard which would have cost us £1.50 from a shop.
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves harvested as and when required. We allow £1 for this.
That brings this weeks total to £17.29 and the total for the year to £170.76.
Its great to see these numbers increasing but I still feel like the best is yet to come. The asparagus is going down really well in our house as its so tender it literally melts in the mouth.
This weeks spenditure
We have spent the following this week
- £36 on 6 panes of greenhouse glass
- £3.69 on some seeds
That brings this weeks total spend to £39.69 and the total for the year to £201.99
I was hoping that this week would be the week that my harvest exceeds my spend for the year. As you have read this isn't the case due to buying the glass for grandads greenhouse and completing that build. Lets hope that the greenhouse pays for itself.
What have you harvested this week? let me know in the comments or Email me here.