(MOBI) Rain Mirror by Michael McClure • 9780811214261

Home Forums General discussion (MOBI) Rain Mirror by Michael McClure • 9780811214261

I have added a page just spelling out a few rules for use of the forum please check them out here. By using the forum you are agreeing to these rules.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Virginia Locke

Rain Mirror
    Poems

by Michael McClure

🔗 Rain Mirror — Read More 🔗

• Language: english
    • Release date: September 17, 1999
    • ISBN: 9780811214261 (0811214265)
    • Publisher: New Directions
    • Format: paperback, 112 pages
    • Genres: poetry
    • Author: Michael McClure

About The Book

“Rain Mirror”, writes poet Michael McClure, “is my most bare and forthright book. It contains two long poems, ‘Crisis Blossom’ and ‘Haiku Edge’ which are quite disparate from one another”. Yet brought under a single cover, the poems compliment each other as do light and dark, the Apollonian and the Dionysian, Yin and Yang. “Haiku Edge” is a serial poem of linked haikus in the American idiom. Often humorous, sometimes harsh, always elegant, they catch moments in the landscape of Oakland’s East Bay Hills where McClure now lives. “Crisis Blossom” in contrast is a long poem in three parts (“Graftings”, “After the Solstice”, and “After Meltdown”) that record the poet’s months’ long shock and recovery after a near-fatal airplane accident. It is, in McClure’s words, “my state of psyche, capillaries, muscles, fears, boldnesses, and hungers, down where they exist without management”. With Rain Mirror, the poet moves in two directions, inward and outward, to arrive at the balance point between the self and nonself: There’s Me/and no me/on the other side/I’m here under hand/And There/where thoughts glide”.

FB2 Rain Mirror download for Android. MP3 ebook Rain Mirror Michael McClure buy on Walmart. TXT book Rain Mirror by Michael McClure read online on PC on Books-a-Million. MOBI ebook Rain Mirror. FictionBook Rain Mirror Michael McClure buy cheap Mac.

Hardback book Rain Mirror on Powells. Paperback Rain Mirror by Michael McClure download on Dymocks. PDF ebook Rain Mirror read for reader. Online book Rain Mirror on iPad on Booktopia. Hardcover book Rain Mirror Michael McClure download.

EPUB ebook Rain Mirror buy cheap on Audible. Hardback Rain Mirror by Michael McClure read online iOS. Online ebook Rain Mirror Michael McClure download. Paperback Rain Mirror read on PocketBook on Book Depository. MP3 book Rain Mirror by Michael McClure.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.