Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what I have harvested over the last week and how much that would have cost from a shop.
This weeks harvest
This week we have harvested the following
- 14 chicken eggs which would have cost us £3.50 from a shop
- 250g potatoes which would have cost us 40p from a shop
- 1 cauliflower which would have cost us 40p from a shop
- 250g cape gooseberries which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves harvested as and when required. We allow £1 for these.
All together that brings this weeks total to £7.40. Not too bad given that its January but I certainly hope our harvests will grow as we go on through out 2019.
So far for 2019 we have harvested £17.90 worth of food.
This weeks spend.
This week I have bought the following items
- A pack of mountain magic tomato seeds. These cost me £3.99 from a garden centre.
- A pack of black beauty aubergine seeds. These cost me 99p from a garden centre.
That means I have spent £4.98 this weeks on growing my own. All on seeds that will pay back later on in the year (hopefully).
So far in 2019 I have spent £37.43 growing my own.
What have you harvested this week? let me know in the comments or Email me here.