Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Except this week is for the last fortnight. Reporting what I've harvested and how much that would have cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report.
Over the last couple of weeks we have harvested the following
- 40 chicken eggs which would have cost us £10 from a shop.
- 14 quail eggs which would have cost us £2.94 from a shop.
- 3kg of rhubarb which would have cost us £10.29 from a shop.
- 200g asparagus which would have cost us £2 from a shop.
- A collection of herbs and salad leaf harvested as and when required. We allow £1 for this.
That means we have harvested a value of £26.23 for this report. The total for the year so far is £212.78.
Very pleased with this figure although we will not be harvesting anymore asparagus as some of the stems are looking a little thin now.
From the vegepod.
We have also been harvesting from the vegepod
- 500g mixed salad leaf which would have cost us £5 from a shop.
- 100g mustard which would have cost us £1 from a shop.
- 100g rocket which would have cost us £1 from a shop.
<li>That brings the value for the last couple of weeks to £7 and the total since April the first of £8.</li> <li>I am so impressed with the growth on the vegepod. The more I harvest the more it seems to grow.</li> <li>
This week's spenditure.
- £7.60 on chicken feed
- £14.65 on compost
- £20 on a lawnmower
- £5 on a compost thermometer
<li>This week's total is £47.25 and the total for the year to £270.56.</li> <li>Ok I'll admit it I've spent a bit too much money on things that I perhaps didn't need but are handy to have. The lawnmower and thermometer are exactly that however they are proving successful.</li> <li>Compost however I seem to buy a lot of and perhaps next year this will be somewhere I can look at making some savings.</li> <li>What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments or <a href="http://theveggrowerpodcast.co.uk/contact/">Email me here. </a></li> <li></li>