(FB2) Self-Reliance, Translated – 9780962465611

Home Forums General discussion (FB2) Self-Reliance, Translated – 9780962465611

I have added a page just spelling out a few rules for use of the forum please check them out here. By using the forum you are agreeing to these rules.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dee Achrijoli

Self-Reliance, Translated
    Ralph Waldo Emerson’s Self-Reliance Translated Into Modern English

by Adam Khan

Self-Reliance, Translated ~ CLICK HERE

• Publisher: YouMe Works
    • Language: english
    • Release date: May 11, 2012
    • Author: Adam Khan
    • ISBN: 9780962465611 (0962465615)
    • Format: paperback, 64 pages

About The Book

This very small book is Ralph Waldo Emerson’s essay, Self-Reliance, translated into modern English by me, Adam Khan. When I tell people about translating Emerson, the first thing people always ask me is, “Why would his work need to be ‘translated?’ After all, he lived a fairly short time ago and he spoke English.” I’ve found when I share quotes from Emerson, it becomes clear why a translation might be helpful. For example, this is from the original Self-Reliance: “As soon as he has once acted or spoken with eclat he is a committed person, watched by the sympathy or the hatred of hundreds, whose affections must now enter into his account. There is no Lethe for this. Ah, that he could pass again into his neutral, godlike independence! Who can thus lose all pledge and, having observed, observe again from the same unaffected, unbiased, unbribable, unaffrighted innocence, must always be formidable, must always engage the poet’s and the man’s regards.” I enjoy Emerson’s prose. But it took some time and I had to look up a few words before I really understood what he was saying in that paragraph. My little “translation” is just something that helps. Hopefully, when you’re done, you can go back and read Emerson’s original essay and understand it better.

Hardback ebook Self-Reliance, Translated by Adam Khan on Mac. EPUB book Self-Reliance, Translated buy on Bookshop. MP3 Self-Reliance, Translated read iPad on IndieBound.

Paperback Self-Reliance, Translated Adam Khan download. PDF ebook Self-Reliance, Translated by Adam Khan read online. FictionBook book Self-Reliance, Translated buy cheap for PocketBook on Powells.

TXT book Self-Reliance, Translated. Hardcover Self-Reliance, Translated Adam Khan download on iOS on Audible. MOBI ebook Self-Reliance, Translated buy cheap on Barnes & Noble.

theveggrowerpodcast

Back to Misery Bay – Lauri Anderson – 9780878392568

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.