Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Sharing with you what I’ve harvested and what that would have cost from a shop.
This week’s harvest.
<li>This week we have harvested the following.</li>
- 14 chicken eggs which would have cost us £3.50 from a shop.
- 200g tiger nuts which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop.
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves as required. We allow £1 for these.
<li>That brings this week's total to £7. Still a low amount but given the time of year and our freezers bursting with food, it's not a problem.</li> <li>It's the first time tiger nuts have appeared on this list too. It's been the first time I've grown these and I have to say these are really easy to grow and taste great. These will be grown again.</li> <li>This also brings the total value of harvested for the year to £30.74.</li> <li>
This week’s spending.
- £3 entry to seedy Sunday.
- £7 on various seeds.
- £4 for some seed potatoes.
- £5 for some manure for the allotment.
That means this week I have spent £19 growing my own this week. I’m still spending more then I’m bringing in at this time of year but as I said last week the hope is that it will repay later on in the year.
This also brings the total spend so far this year to £79.42.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments below or Email me here.