Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what I have harvested over the last week and how much that would have cost from a shop.
This weeks harvest
This week we have harvested the following
- 20 chicken eggs which would have cost us £5 from a shop.
- 7 quail eggs which would have cost us £1.47 from a shop.
- 1kg rhubarb which would have cost us £6.88 from a shop.
- 200g of asparagus which would have cost us £1.44 from a shop
- A selection of herbs and salad leaf we allow £1 for this.
That brings this weeks total to £15.79 and the total for the year to £186.55.
Another really pleasing week in terms of harvest. I really am so pleased with how the harvests are going so far this year. However there is more to harvest.
From the vegepod
This week we have harvested the first salad leaves from the vegepod. Which is why we have this new section.
- 100g salad leaves which would have cost us £1 from a shop.
Now what I am really pleased with is that these seeds where sown on the 1st April. A very quick turn around from seed to plate and there is still much more to come.
This weeks spenditure
This week we have spent on the following
- £12.99 on several packs of compost
- £4.40 on a small bag of chicken feed
That brings this week spend to £17.39 and the total spend for the year to £219.38.
That value vs cost is still getting closer and closer together now with a difference of £32.83. I have no plans to spend anything major so I reckon this number will soon pass each other.
What have you harvested this week? let me know in the comments or Email me here.