Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what I have harvested over the last week and how much that would have cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report
This week we have harvested the following
- 20 chicken eggs which would have cost us £5 from a shop.
- 7 quail eggs which would have cost us £1.47 from a shop.
- 250g blueberries which would have cost us £3.00 from a shop
- 500g raspberries which would have cost us £6.00 from a shop.
- 1kg potatoes which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop.
- 46 garlic bulbs which would have cost us £11.50 from a shop.
- 1 large onion which would have cost us 10p from a ship.
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves harvested as and when required. we allow £1 for this.
That brings this weeks total to £30.57 and the total for the year to £392.06.
I am getting really really pleased with the figures now. The harvests are coming in and the value is increasing.
From the vegepod
We also make harvests from the vegepod and this week the harvests are
- 300g salad leaf which would have cost us £3.00 from a shop.
That brings this weeks total to £3.00 and the total so far to £51 from the vegepod.
Again I am very happy with this and just how much we are harvesting from this pod. My aim is to recover the cost of the vegepod in 1 year. I reckon I am well on my way to this.
This weeks spenditure
This week we haver spent money in the following
- £13.30 on some fence posts for the vegetable patch
- £4.50 on some chicken feed
- 80p on some wood shavings.
That means we have spent £18.60 this week and £352.31 so far this year on growing our own.
Again I am pretty happy with this figure. The numbers seem to improve with each week.
What have you harvested this week? let me know in the comments or Email me here.