Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Reporting what I have harvested and how much that would have cost me from a shop.
Weekly harvest report
This week we have harvested the following
- 21 quail eggs which would have cost us £4.41 from a shop.
- 1kg of tomatoes which would have cost us £2.50 from a shop.
- 2 pears which would have cost us 82p from a shop.
- 1 small cauliflower which would have cost us £1 from a shop.
- 500g potatoes which would have cost us 50p from a shop.
- 1.3kg cooking apples which would have cost £2 from a shop.
- An eating apple ( I munched on this while working on the allotment) which would have cost 44p from a shop.
- A large pumpkin which weigh 8.3kg which would have cost £16 from a shop.
- 1 small pumpkin which weighed 400g and would have cost 80p from a shop.
- A selection of herbs and salad leaves as required. We allow £1 for this.
This week’s total
That brings this weeks total to £29.47. I am happy with that again. The highest vale item is the pumpkin of which I priced from Waitrose purely because they seem the only place to be selling them at the moment. I expect this value to be open to some debate.
Overall everything on this list is very useable and will go a long way to making our meal’s for the week very tasty.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments below or Email me here.