Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. Seeing what I have harvested and how much it would cost from a shop.
Weekly harvest report
I have harvested the following this week
- 23 quail eggs which would have cost us £4.83 from a shop.
- 1 marrow (2.6kg) which would have cost us £2 from a shop
- 3 large courgettes which would have cost us £3 from a shop
- 500g tomatoes which would have cost us £1 from a shop
- 700g new potatoes which would have cost us 70p from a shop
- 500g gooseberries which would have cost us £2 from a shop
- 400g windfall apples which would have cost us 80p
- selection of herbs and salad leaves as required. We allow £1 for this
This week’s total
That makes this week’s total £15.33.
I am happy with this amount of value. I do not want loads of food at 1 point instead I like having enough for me and my wife to live off.
Our young quails that were hatched 5 weeks ago have started laying eggs which has increased our egg production. That should mean that the egg value will also increase over the next few weeks too.
This week has also been the first time I have harvest marrow. I have eaten marrow before so quiet why I have never grown it before is a mystery. However the 1 plant can produce several large squashes that will do many meals for us.
We also have a few windfall apples in the list. These apples ae not quiet ripe but have fallen off the tree. These will be used in 1 way or another quiet what I am not sure yet.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments or Email me here.