Each week I like to share my weekly harvest report. In this blog post we shall have a look at what has been harvested this week.
Weekly harvest report.
This week we have harvested the following
- 1 chicken egg which would have cost us 25p from a shop.
- 14 quail eggs which would have cost us £2.94 from a shop.
- 100g blueberries which would have cost us £1.34 from a shop.
- 6 elephant garlic bulbs. This proved difficult to find a price for so we will say it would have cost us £10.00 from a shop.
- 250g broad beans which would have cost us 75p from a shop.
- 250g of peas which would have cost us £1 from a shop.
- Herbs and salad leaves as and when we needed them. We allow £1 for this.
This weeks total.
That brings this weeks total value of produce to £16.28. This is a little low compared to previous weeks which is a little disappointing but can’t be helped.
You may notice that the chicken eggs was very low this week. Well Bear my brown chicken has decided to go broody. She laid an egg Monday and then decided to sit on it since. I have of course removed the egg but she is determined to lay in the nest box. As a result she will not lay. This is a common occurrence in chicken keeping and in a couple of weeks she will start laying again. Grill my white chicken, doesn’t lay eggs in the summer but will lay right throughout the winter. This just means that we might be low on chicken eggs for the next couple of weeks.
Elephant garlic has been harvested this week however, when searching online to find the value of this I could not find any price. For this reason alone I felt the value of £10 seemed pretty good.
What have you harvested this week? Let me know in the comments below or Email me here.