Its that time of the week for the weekly harvest report. A weekly look at what has been harvested and how much that would have cost us from a shop.
Weekly harvest report.
This week we have harvested
- 12 chicken eggs which would have cost us £3 if bought from a shop.
- 14 quail eggs which would have cost us £2.94 if bought from a shop.
- 1kg of rhubarb which would have cost us £3.45 if bought from a shop.
- 2 stalks of asparagus which would have cost us 20p if bought from a shop.
- 100g of salad leaves picked as we required them This would have cost us £1 if bought from a shop.
This week’s total.
The total cost of this weeks harvest is £10.59. Again I am happy with this amount. I could have plenty more coming in if I really wanted but this is enough to keep our food shop to a minimum.
Regular readers may notice that quail egg production is slowly returning to normal with 2 quail eggs every day. While this isn’t quite at the 3 eggs per day we were getting before moving them it is certainly increasing again. You may also notice asparagus has appeared of which I am very very pleased with although the 2 stalk harvested where snapped off in the wind. There will be more to follow.
What have you harvested this week? let me know in the comments below.