If your like me and have some mint growing you are probably looking for uses for it. Try this fantastic mint lemonade recipe for a refreshing drink.
A customer of mine happened to be making this drink in preparation to serve their guests. They very kindly gave me a sample and told me how to make it. I found it so nice that I have made it several times since. I enjoyed it so much I thought I would share it all with you.
- A handful of mint leaves (from my garden)
- 3 lemons
- 2 limes
- a tablespoon of honey
- Soda water to serve (can use lemonade as an alternative)
- Place the mint leaves in a food processor
- Peal the skin from the lemon and limes. We only want the edible flesh for this. Place the fruit into the food processor with the mint and add the honey.
- Blitz all the ingredients until it’s all chopped and mixed up.
- Pour into a pitcher and dilute with the soda water.
- Stir and serve.
How was it for me.
I said in the intro that I enjoyed this and making it at home is just as good. I like to make up the mixture the night before I plan to drink it before diluting it with soda water. This lets the flavour of the mint infuse. Then when I plan to drink it I will add the soda water and serve.
Give it a try, and let me know what you think.