Hi!

I have added a page just spelling out a few rules for use of the forum please check them out here. By using the forum you are agreeing to these rules.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Oldham 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jen Oldham
    Participant

Hi all!

My name is Jen, I grew up in Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex with my Grandparents who were avid gardeners. When we wern’t walking the Sussex Downs we spent hours walking along the river Adur or down on the beach.

My earliest gardening memories are popping busy lizzie seed pods to save the seed for the following year. I expect I was more a hindrance than a help though.

When I was 14 my Grandparents separated, Mam (grandmother) moved back to Wales with me (they are from here) Dad stayed in Shoreham.

By this time I wasn’t really into gardening, being a teenager, but i would try to grow Sweet peas every year which Mam invariably took care off after my boredom set in.

It wasn’t until a few years ago that my interest in gardening grew and I became more interested. Over the years I’ve earn;t a lot, had successes and failures.

This year I put my name down for an Allotment so fingers crossed this time next year (optimistic i know) I’m also going to try growing in my garden but builders rubble, bedrock (yep you read that right) and clay soil go against me, not to mention the limits to renting a house as well.

I hope to carry on learning and share with you all the things i learn!

Jen

#20458 Reply

Thank you for joining in Jen. Nice to hear you grew up not all that far from me.
    I hope you get your allotment. I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Richard.

#20491 Reply

Jen Oldham
    Participant

Thanks Richard, I will keep everyone posted.

Yeah Sussex was a fab place to live, never ending summers or that’s how I remember it lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hi!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: