In this week’s podcast a listener asks what can be done about a badger eating our veg. I also share the latest on the plots.
In this week’s diary I talk about the following tasks
- harvesting my niece’s small pumpkin
- my collection of flower pots
- planting out some seedlings
and much more.
Personally I find badgers to be pretty awesome. These animals have a reputation for being aggressive of which they can be when provoked. But they are really a problem in the vegetable garden where they can eat our homegrown food.
I have had the problem of dealing with badgers in the past and I found the best method was to restrict their access to your plants. A fence or barrier of some kind is best. However there are other methods but non of these I have tried as the barrier method has been successful for me. You can hear me discuss this in this podcast.
- Wikipedia page about the European badger
- An interesting site with everything you need to know about badgers.
- Some lion manure pellets designed to keep cats away which may or may not work with badgers.
Check out the podcast above.
As always any comments or suggestions then please leave a comment or Email me here.